It seems like sequins are all the rage nowadays. But not just your run-of-the-mill 1950’s retro glam sequins – no, these sequins are MUCH weirder. In fact, it seems like the uglier and weirder the piece of clothing is, the better. And by ugly and weird I mean outrageously cool. Ya follow?
You probably saw the VMA’s this year, and so you are well aware of Miley’s closing performance including her entourage of super rad drag queens. I found out later the designer she worked with for their costumes totally ripped off a pretty well known small Australian designer. When I saw the performance live I actually assumed it was Discount Universe, but found out later (via their instagram) that Miley worked with US designer Brad ‘BCalla’ Callahan, who obviously knocked them off. Lame.
Anyways, gossip aside, I really love this look. I have those Pared sunglasses, and I have to say they are FABULOUS.
What do you guys think of this trend? Love it or leave it?
- Pu$$y Cat Crop Top – Discount Universe
- Mermaid Sequin Biker Jacket – Isolated Heroes
- Sheer Tears Sequin Dress – Isolated Heroes
- Eyes Bra – Discount Universe
- Chiara Ferragni Flirting Iphone 6 Case – available at Nasty Gal
- Kohls & Kaftans Rose Tinted Iridescent Rhinestone Sunnies – Pared Eyewear
- Nine To Five Crop Top & Skirt – Emma Mulholland
- Lipstick Patch – LilyLoveLock
- Smoking Lips Clutch – Luna On The Moon
- Cyclops Dress – Discount Universe