Whether you hate Valentine’s Day or love it, you gotta admit there is some pretty fun eye candy released this time of year. I mean, the color palette alone (more pink, please) is sure to make you happy in these dreary winter months. I’ve released my new V-day collection of cards & gift tags (view the whole collection here) along with a roundup of my faves from other talented designers.
Even if you don’t have a sweetheart, I still think this holiday is very relevant (chocolate, flowers, and lingerie!) If nothing else it’s a good reason to remind your best gal pals how much they are adored. Because who couldn’t use some words of encouragement every now & then?
What do you think about Valentine’s Day? Hate it? Love it? Tell me why – I’m all ears!
1. Convo Heart Toppers by Bracket
2. DIY Heart Floor Decals by Studio DIY
3. Large Hearts Bowl by Pickle Pottery
4. Tinted Lip Treatment by Anthropologie
5. Read My Lips Card by Little Arrow
6. Pink Heart Stickers by Knot & Bow
7. Classic Heart Studs by Catbird
8. Getaway Duffle Bag by Ban.do
9. Cupid’s Arrow Gift Tags by Little Arrow
10. My Heart On A String Banner by Bracket
11. Red Heart Tip Nails by So Many Lovely Things
12. Sequin Heart Shoe Clips by Ban.do
13. Nouvelle Longline Bra by Huit
Today I’m posting my fave holiday decorations in neutrals – which also includes metallics (duh!). While my studio is super cheery and decorated in brights, I tend to gravitate towards neutrals, metallics and some darks for home. I’ve always sort of automatically blamed this on the two big dogs and one big husband I shack up with… they’re all very dirty, you see. But then recently I realized that in addition to this reasoning, another possible reason may very well be from the calming effect neutral tones tend to have on people. Which would make sense for me because I treat my home as a safe-haven tucked away from the overwhelming bustling world (introvert, here!). When I go to work I want to feel energized – totally apparent by the bright pops of color in the studio – but when I am home I want to feel calm and relaxed, so I can re-energize in prep for another day of creativity. Guess I should stop blaming the husband and dogs? Nah…
Do you find yourself wanting a calming atmosphere at home? Or do you crave the energy and excitement of a bright palette? xo – Brianna
1. Tassel Fringe Stocking
2. DIY Big Fringe Garlands – perfect for a photo shoot backdrop at your holiday party!
3. Brass Forest Trees
4. Antique Gold Circle Garland
5. Gold Dipped Ceramic Ornaments
6. Polar Tree Skirt
7. Golden Antler Ornament
8. Metallic Patterned Glassware
9. Snowball Garland
10. Mantle Objects
I’m very practical, so when I buy something I tend to get as much mileage out of it as I possibly can. This applies to holiday decor, I’ve been using the same decorations for 5+ years now. I have been slowly adding a few items bit by bit, but my style has changed so much in the last decade that I’d love to start all over again. I do have a table rented at the next flea market – maybe this will finally be the year I sell all my holiday decor, and with the money buy some fresh new festive pieces (and use them for another half decade?! haha)
First up are my “bright” favorites. While I’d love to have a fresh and bright palette in my home, the whites would never stand up to 2 big dogs and a husband. Soooooooo darks + neutrals it is at home. Luckily my studio is ALL MINE and therefore I can decorate it HOWEVER I want – and if the white couch gets ruined there is no one to blame but myself, heh.
Have you started decorating for the holidays yet? What style and colors do you gravitate towards? xoxo – Brianna
1. DIY Branch Garland (in love with that tree too!)
2. DIY Giant Ornament Balloons
3. Copper Tree Skirt
4. Merry & Bright Holiday Glitter Banner
5. Simple DIY Wreath
6. Cable Knit Pillowcases
7. Magic Wishbone Ornament
8. Sisal (or Bottlebrush) Trees – or, DIY versions here
9. Glass Globe Ornaments
10. Birch Logs